CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Back to Work after Memorial Day

 It was great having a 3-day weekend. My fiance, Eric and I went backpacking at North Cascades National Park over the weekend for his birthday. We went down a portion of Thunder Creek trail. The trail was a beautiful hike along the Thunder Creek. We camped at McCallister on Sunday night after hiking a little over 6.2 miles to the camp site.






 
Monday morning we then had to hike out the same route. My legs feel like Jello today. Then to totally erase all calories earned from hiking, Eric and I met up with his cousin/my coworker Tracy and her fiance Brett to eat dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. Eric and I split Fettucine and each got a slice of cheesecake. >.< YUM! My stomach was really full afterwards.


I was so happy to see my kiddos this morning. They were all so excited to see me and their friends. I found an adorable summer writing project. The students are going to write their favorite thing to do during the summer and explain why. Then they will color and cut out their sunglasses and glue them down. Lastly, they will draw a self portrait of themselves in wearing the sunglasses. I totally plan to tack these up to the green bulletin board! I found the idea on one of my new blogs I'm following! Elementary My Dear: Back to Bloggy Business!

Another site I stumbled across is http://www.thecurriculumcorner.com/ They made all the common core standards for K-5 into I CAN statements for all subjects. There's a checklist for students and a checklist for teachers. I might decorate them a bit but I totally love this free resource! There are also a bunch of other really great resources.

 In math, I nervously started a lesson on using parentheses in number sentences today... I can gladly say they totally ran with the concept.  I even threw in a x2 multiplication problem in with one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment