CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Place Value Adventures

This week went by pretty quickly. Manetta was out sick on Tuesday and boy did the kids notice. On a different note though, I can honestly say my first graders have officially mastered place value and all the 1st and 2nd grade standards that go with it. We took our assessments today and everyone of them aced the test! I'm so proud of them. I had so much fun making all the different things to teach place value. I made a huge packet with tic tac toe for place value and an I have, Who Has?  and many other worksheets. I also created a place value scoot because my students love math centers and Scoot.

I found a few board games on TPT. Practicing place value game, this one is meant for third graders but I downloaded to challenge a few of my kids. I hope to post my place value files later today. This weekend is Memorial Day weekend and both my students and I are excited for the extended weekend. My fiance, Eric and I are going away for the weekend but as to where is still a mystery. Two of my students left early for vacation and another one moved to India in April, so today I had five students! I've begun to start collecting more data on how my students are doing in math but I'm going to need to consult Eric to help teach me how to use Excel a bit more.

I've found some other freebie to use for teaching place value. I'm excited to use these this summer:

I can't use these for my kiddos, but someone with 3rd-5th graders could:

0 comments:

Post a Comment