CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

100th day and catching up

Happy 100th day of school! It's been a little while since I've posted. Today in our classroom Ms. Manetta and myself and a few of our students dressed up as if we were 100 years old. I thought our ensembles turned out pretty good. I wore an aqua track suit and some tan Keds I found at Value Village. I completed my outfit with a two-tone wig and big white earrings.

One student even drew wrinkles on her face and another did the grandma-ish makeup and brought a cane. For math we had 100 day centers. For one center we predicted how many different things we could do in 100 seconds. The actions varied from hopping to winking. The students were so tired after hopping and then standing and sitting. Another center including measuring items that were 100 cm long. The last center involved making estimates.

We also made 100th day glasses. I'm quite fond of my glasses I made.

Last Friday, we celebrated Groundhog's Day in our classroom. We definitely got some interesting questions about the groundhog after reading several fiction books. One question was, "How big is his house?" I truly have no idea how big it is... We made a cute 3-d art project with the groundhog stick puppet and a puffy cloud.
       Some other changes in our classroom are that Ms. Manetta wants to try doing literacy centers once a week during our normal reading block. I think it sounds like a great way to work on specific skills. We also started posting our goals for all the students to see and we made a what do I need board where students can look to see what they need for each lesson.



0 comments:

Post a Comment