CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Splatter Monsters and animal reports

Our animal research reports are finally coming along. Almost every student is done with their rough draft. Tomorrow we will start to edit and revise our papers. I'm still struggling to find a way to help my first graders edit their own papers, but at the same time I do not believe my class is ready for peer editing yet either.

Something fun we did today was to create splatter monsters. The students put puddles of dark water colors on paper and then used a straw to blow the paint. Once the paint dried we put googly eyes and faces on the monsters. The students even named their monsters. They seemed to really enjoy the art project. One student did end up with A LOT of spit on his artwork though... :(



Today we had our fourth chess club meeting with the director's son. At first I was unsure of how my students would feel about chess, but they seem to love it. I'm learning how to play too. Yesterday I was partnered up with one of my super smart little guys and boy was he a challenge to play. So far we've learned the rook, bishop and pawn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment