CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Teachers Pay Teachers and another day in the first grade

So I officially made a teachers pay teachers account yesterday. Since then I have made two freebie items. Plus 1 and Plus 2 Penguin flashcards and a worksheet to help students write their writing goals. No one had downloaded or rated them yet. I am hoping someone will soon because I want some feedback. I came up with a few other ideas and I'm excited to make them this weekend.

In school today we worked on Median and Mode in math and my little kiddos are median and mode calculating machines! I can proudly say they can all teach me how to find it. In writing today we started to write letters to Cinderella's step sisters. These came out pretty funny. I will post some tomorrow! In the particular version of Cinderella we read today it had a very wide range of new vocabulary words. I even learned a word or two. My students' favorite word was haughty. The rest of the afternoon they were walking around trying to use it in sentences.

For social studies today I introduced them to the idea of why we have a government:
1. To keep us safe
2. To help solve our problems
3. To provide us services
4. To make laws

Of course they requested that I make it into a song or dance... I did not have the creative juices to design yet another dance for the kids though so we turned it into a super short song. We have a government to keep us safe... to solve our problems...to provide us with some services and to make us laws! Imagine it with a sing-songy voice!

On a completely random note, my file drawer is officially full so I am now on a quest for a cheap tall filing cabinet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment