CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 14, 2013

Perspective Snowmen, Pyramid Disasters and Goal Setting

So today my kiddos made perspective snowmen. We had a little bit of a hard time listening and following directions, but after some more time we all finally finished our snowmen. I think they turned out quite cute. I need to design a bulletin area for them to go on.



In math we started to learn about pyramids. Our textbooks suggested making them out of straws and twist ties, and since we had some left over time we decided to attempt it. I think the textbook makers never tried this because there is no way normal 2nd graders could accomplish this. Manetta and I even struggled to make these pyramids. So we axed that plan for paper pyramids and sugar cubes.


One other thing our classroom is goal setting. We've had several discussions on resolutions and goals. We even made resolutions for home and goals for our classroom.

Our goal board needs some sprucing up but I think their classroom goals are pretty well written for first graders! :) I'll add a picture later when it gets a makeover!

0 comments:

Post a Comment