CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Symmetry and poor behavior choices

Today we finished our "My teacher would appreciate it if..." writings. They turned out pretty funny. We also worked on Symmetry in math today. We folded various shapes and tried to find the lines of symmetry. The kiddos loved it. My favorite moment was when they realized how many a square and circle had. One of them giggled in delight and another jumped up holding it saying, "Ms. Lauren look!"

One of my kiddos has been having a really hard time. We are currently positively enforcing his positive behavior but when he does need to sit out for a few minutes during recess for unsafe behavior or not listening he says, "Yay I get to sit out!" He keeps putting a positive spin on everything whether he should be or not. He's been doing this since kindergarten I believe. We've tried conferences with him, colors and warnings. Manetta and I have no idea at this point how to stop this response.

Oh I also finally hung up our How to Make Hot Chocolate writing pieces and assessed them. THe students did pretty well writing directions! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment