CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 22, 2013

Fraction Pizza and Snow

This morning, I saw my first snow flurries in the Northwest. I forgot how much I missed the snow from Michigan. It only snowed a little bit, but of course people have no idea how to drive when it snows out here. It didn't even stick and people still managed to cause accidents on the way to work.


The excitement of it being Friday could be felt in full force today. We had literacy centers for reading today taught by Manetta. The students love when we switch up what we do. Then the excitement continued to build when they realized we also had math centers today. For math centers today, we had Fraction War, a math box from our Everyday Math, my Follow the Cupcake Fraction game and Fraction Pizza.  I'm going to edit my lessons for Fraction Pizza so it's only sixths and not eighths. With eighths it was too many pizza slices for my 1st graders. The pizzas that are finished turned out well. Above is my example with my center directions in case the students forgot what to do.

We put our finishing touches on our rough drafts and finished writing our questions for the mayor. I have to proof read the questions this weekend and then retype the ones the students will actually ask Mayor McBride.

We had buddy reading today and the students were able to bring a book of their choice to read to the kindergarteners. The Super K friends brought Fly Guy books.

2 comments:

Heather's Heart

Your fraction pizza looks like so much fun!

I live in Texas and it almost never snows but when it does people go crazy!

I love the name of your blog. =)

Be sure and add a follow button when you get the chance. Go to design at the top of your blog and then layout. Choose add a gadget and then more gadgets. The follow button is the last one on the page..#25. I'll stop by again to follow you. Be sure and follow yourself. =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

Unknown

Thanks Heather. I didn't realize the difference between that gadget and the follow by email.

I have a cousin who lives in Texas and he told me the same thing about snow there. He also likes to remind me that he has a convertible to enjoy all the sunshine. Sunshine is rather rare here in Seattle.

Post a Comment