CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Police Visit and ITBS practice

One more day until Friday! Today was a pretty exciting day in our classroom. During math today, a female police officer came to visit Super K and our class. She was probably one of the best police liaisons I've ever met. She was very patient and humorous. She let the students crawl all over her police car for atleast 15 minutes. She let the students turn on the lights and yell into the radio. I'm sure the neighbors loved that especially at 10am. She wanted to show them the taser and at first they were terrified. The other teachers and I were suprised when we saw the students were so scared and thought she was going to shoot them with it. Eventually we convinced them to let her show them. She showed them her taser and how it makes a little light show when you hold it up in the air. It was kind of cool. I learned that when they are shot outward, they are one time use and cost about $75 to replace.

Today for writing we began to write our questions we plan to ask Mayor McBride on Monday. A couple of my students are coming up with some great questions. They are also putting the finishing touches on their rough drafts for their invention writings.

One of my students brought me and Manetta some delicious pasta. I love when she does this because her mom and grandmother are fantastic cooks. I believe her mom actually writes recipes for recipes.com It had Italian sausage and bacon in it.

We are almost finally done with our ITBS practice test and the students still find it fun...which is good. I hope they feel the same way when we start the real test.

0 comments:

Post a Comment