CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Fractions

Our internet has been down since Friday afternoon, it was quite annoying. I am glad to have it back and we can use the grade book again!In our classroom we've been learning fractions. My little first graders have been doing pretty awesome with them too! We've used pattern blocks to uncover portions of to make fractions. We've done fractions of a group. I made some cute fraction worksheets and a St. Patrick's day Fraction Match up game and we used them in our math centers today. The struggles a little bit with comparing fractions with different denominators, but as soon as I made a worksheet with some fraction strips on it they were golden! They were so excited to use the plastic fraction manipulatives yesterday, it was quite heart-warming. Something else exciting in our classroom is that Karate the third is still alive.

 I've been so busy laminating all the pieces to the games and parent teacher conferences were Monday and Tuesday. I'm glad they're over and it's the 3rd trimester. I did enjoy seeing all the parents though it's always nice to tell them how wonderful their children are. Super K has been busy with their conferences yesterday and today so we've been having to make sure we get packed up early. Since conferences are during school hours we have cover each others' classes.

On a different note, last night several of the teachers and I were invited to one of my student's houses for Italian cooking lessons. It was so much fun. We learned how to make Penne a la Carbonara! Ms. Debbie and her Italian speaking mother are such great cooking teachers. It was great to spend time with my colleagues and be learning something too. It also was great to have delicious food! :) View my store on First, Second, Third - TeachersPayTeachers.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment