CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuesday?? But it feels like Thursday!

This week we are studying inventors in reading and the students will be writing about an invention they would like to create tomorrow. I am very excited to see what they come up with.

Today we played fraction war in math. The students absolutely loved it. We then practiced ordering our fractions from greatest to least the students found this to be a little tricky. I created a fraction bingo game yesterday and a fraction old maid game. I'm pretty excited to try the old maid game out with my students tomorrow. It's up on my teacher's pay teachers store now! I was pretty excited today I officially got two people to buy my products from my store! http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Lauren-Manns

Manetta is revamping our library categorizing this week to make it easier for the students to pick books at their level. A new addition to our classroom this week is our chair pockets. I saw the idea on pinterest and had been thinking about buying them for a while now. They are 77 cent two pocket aprons from Home Depot. The students are storing their chapter books, chapsticks and water bottles in them. At last all the little distractions are off the desks.

I left work early today to go to my first check up here in the great Northwest! I felt really bad leaving my kids even if it was only for an hour and a half. I know they are in good hands though with Ms. Manetta. I got a clean bill of health for the most part and the doctor was very friendly. Sadly like many women I have some extra pounds to lose... it's a work in progress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment